Frequently Asked Questions
TravCon is the largest conference that is dedicated to the traveling healthcare professional. It provides the opportunity to network with other travelers and top industry insiders with whom you wouldn’t normally connect. You can earn CEU’s for classes specific to the traveling healthcare industry and clinical practice, find new friends in your field, and network with staffing agencies in a relaxed, low-pressure setting.
Many of the sessions will share strategies, tips and suggestions on how to approach the many challenges healthcare travelers face. The Exhibit Hall has over 100 exhibitors – many of them staffing agencies with open positions to fill. You’ll come away from this conference with a whole new set of skills on how to manage your traveling career!
The Cornerstones of TravCon are:
1) Professional: This event is a unique opportunity where travelers and recruiters can meet face
to face. No where else can companies and travelers come together in a fun, relaxed environment and connect with each other one-on-one. Short personal conversations in the exhibit hall or over dinner can lead to trusting long term relationships.
2) Educational: Tailored CE sessions that develop traveling as a skill, while focusing on areas of specialization for the medical professional run through the course of the event. Pre-requisites are not required for the sessions, and most are applicable to all types of healthcare professionals.
3) Social: Travelers work and live around the country and rarely have the chance to work together. We provide the perfect venue for you to enjoy a variety of fun & social opportunities to find new friends with the same traveling mindset. For many travelers, this conference is a family reunion.
Sunday: Pre-conference sessions (Newbie BootCamp, Medical Spanish, AWHONN & NRP Certifications)
Monday: Main Conference Day #1 (Exhibit Hall, concurrent sessions, Certification Renewals)
Tuesday: Main Conference Day #2 (Exhibit Hall, concurrent sessions, Cert Renewals, AfterParty)
Wednesday: Post conference Brunch (included in ticket), & additional post conference sessions (CPI Certification, Medical Spanish)
Healthcare Travelers of all disciplines, specialties and levels of experience attend TravCon. Nurses, Therapists, Allied Health Professionals, Clinical Social Workers, Case Managers, EMS personnel, Advanced Providers, Physicians and many more come together to learn about the additional challenges that temporary assignments in difference locations and states can have.
The conference dedicates a full pre-conference day to those just dreaming about healthcare traveling. Newbie BootCamp is designed to prepare the new – or not-yet-started traveler for the main conference sessions.
Travel partners and spouses are also welcome to attend as they are frequenty part of the travel team. Many of the sessions, the exhibit hall and networking events are non-clinical and helpful to the travel partner. Conference tickets are the same price for everyone as food and networking events are included.
There are no prerequisites to attend TravCon, just bring your excitement and your questions! From Novice to Expert, there’s always something to learn at TravCon.
There are almost 100 exhibitors in the Exhibit Hall and it’s full of energy and fun. Almost all staffing agencies attend every year as they like to meet their travelers in person, and encourage new ones to try them out! Other vendors provide short-term housing options, health insurance for travelers, Universities with online degrees, Travel Tax expertise, merchandise, scrub and shoe vendors and so much more!
Yes. Breakfast and lunch are provided in the exhibit hall both main conference days (Monday & Tuesday). There are also receptions and the famous AfterParty which is included in all ticket options.
We recommend you book your room at the Paris Hotel where the conference is held so you are as close as possible. Bally’s Hotel is also close by through an inter-connecting hallway. We have discounted rooms at both hotels through our website link on our Hotel & Travel page. There is no fee to book online, but the hotel charges a fee to book by phone.
When our room block sells out (which it always does), check directly with the hotel on their website for their best rates. Note that the resort fees are higher when booked directly (they are discounted in the room block).
Yes! You can transfer your ticket to a qualified attendee for a $20 fee anytime from Aug 7th until the conference. Email transfer requests to: email@example.com from the original attendee’s email address with the registration reference number. A confirmation will be emailed after approval.
Please include the new attendee’s:
*Professional designation (they must be a qualified attendee)
Prior to August 6th: No transfers available – use cancellation policy below
August 7th to door: $20 transfer fee to new attendee (payment arrangements to be made by the involved parties)
We get it, you are travelers and don’t always know where you will be on assignment in September. Don’t worry! You can book a TravCon ticket during the early bird pricing, and know that if travel life happens.. you can refund all the way until August 6th with just a $20 processing fee.
**Refunds will be granted via same credit card if cancellation occurs within 60 days of purchase. Over 60 days requires a mailed cheque in 6-8 weeks. Please make sure to send a current mailing address with your cancellation request.
Opening – Aug 6th: $20 processing fee
Aug 7th – Aug 31st: $50 processing fee
After Aug 31st: No refunds
Volunteers who work 8 hours or more receive one mainstage ticket into the conference. If you would like to volunteer for a few hours just for the fun of it please let us know. All help is appreciated and it’s a great way to meet other travelers!
We know plans can change. If you want to volunteer, purchase your ticket and fill out the volunteer application form here. We’ll reimburse you at the conference. If you need to cancel for any reason, you can request a refund per our policy anytime.
2. Sometimes volunteer jobs will be during sessions. We will try to not schedule you during these times if there is a session you want to attend, just let us know! The tentative schedule will be released in May.
3. There is a required orientation at 3pm on Saturday afternoon. Following the orientation there will be a fun reception for the volunteers from 4-6pm.
TravCon is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of every community member through implementation of best practices based on the advice of health professionals and CDC recommendations.
While masks will not be required during the event, they are encouraged in crowded spaces, and will be available for anyone who chooses to wear one. All TravCon participants must abide by any mask requirements set by local authorities or the venue. As always, this policy is subject to change based on local conditions at time of event.
Vaccines or negative covid tests will not be required for the event.
TravCon’s 2022 Educational Objectives are:
Learners will be able to:
1. Discuss at least 2 available resources for healthcare travelers
2. Describe 3 actions that should be completed prior to starting a travel assignment
3. Discuss 3 behaviors that reflect positively on the perceived professionalism of healthcare travelers
4. Identify and discuss 2 ways to positively affect communication with patients and colleagues
5. Discuss how unconscious bias impacts the quality of care provided to patients
6. Identify 2 ways to address and mitigate bias in healthcare
7. Describe the symptoms of compassion fatigue and its potential impact on patient care
8. Discuss the importance of personal self-care to mitigate compassion fatigue and burnout.